Having the correct tire pressure is important for not just extending the life of your tires but also maintaining decent fuel-economy. On modern cars, the recommended PSI level can be found either on a sticker located inside the driver’s side door or within your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
At Faulkner Auto Group, our tire center is committed to providing you with the tools and resources to keep you happy on the road. If you’re a driver living near Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, or Trevose looking for tips on how to properly care for your car’s tires, continue reading below!
How Do I Check My Car’s PSI Levels?
Having the correct tire pressure is vital to both your car’s overall performance and safety while on the road. Properly inflated tires not only ensure optimal fuel efficiency, they also provide a smoother and more responsive ride.
The good news is that checking your PSI levels is relatively simple when you perform the following steps:
1. Confirm the Manufacturer’s PSI. As previously mentioned, this number can either be found inside the driver’s side door well or your owner’s manual. If using special winter or high-performance tires, we advise you ask a certified technician about best practices.
2. Find a Shaded Parking Space. For the most accurate result, make sure your tires are as cool as possible before checking their PSI level. We recommend checking them either early in the morning or in the evening when outside temperatures are coolest.
3. Use a Digital PSI Gauge. Uncap the nozzle on each tire and insert the digital gauge over the valve stem. The gauge should be securely fastened as not to let any air leak out. Take note of each tire’s PSI level.
4. Fill to the Recommended PSI. Using an air compressor, fill each tire up to the recommended PSI level making sure you don’t over inflate any of the tires.
How Often Should I inspect My Car’s PSI Level?
Several factors including local road conditions, weather, and your personal driving habits can affect you’re your tire’s air pressure. To avoid an unexpected breakdown, we recommend inspecting your tires at least once per month. This involves checking your PSI levels as well as doing a visual inspection for any of the following signs of wear or damage:
• Poor tread depth
• Sidewall cracks and blistering
• Bulges or punctures
Faulkner Auto Group Tire Service
No matter your make or model, our team of friendly experts are to help. This entails supplying a wide range of tires to match your specific needs and budget.
Need a tire rotation or replacement? Simply stop by any of our state-of-the-art service centers or you can book an appointment online that best fits your busy schedule. Once submitted, one of our experienced service professionals will quickly be in touch to confirm your appointment.
Schedule Tire Service Today!
Now that you know how to effectively check PSI in car tires, we encourage you stay on top of your tire health and not hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.
If you’re a driver near Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, or Trevose wanting to reserve a tire inspection, call, visit, or go online to book an appointment today!