If there’s one thing that we’re sure of, it’s that the drives around Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Trevose, and the surrounding Pennsylvania communities absolutely love fast cars. So, our Faulkner Auto Group team created this comprehensive guide to the fastest Mazda sports cars throughout history. Let’s go!
We hope that you’ll enjoy a list of some of the most exciting, beautiful Mazda vehicles ever produced.
Top 5 Mazda Sport Cars
So, without further ado, here are the Mazda sport cars themselves. Make sure to reach out with any questions!
- MX-5 Miata Club: The MX-5 Miata Club wasn’t so much fast as it was quick – it could accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH in just 6.1 seconds, due to its combination of lightweight materials and just-enough horsepower. Test drive the 2018 version of this trim level today at our PA dealership.
- Mazda 3 MPS: Next up, we’ve got the Mazda3 MPS (which stands for the Mazda Performance Series). Just like the previous entry, it could go from 0 all the way to 60 MPH in 6.1 seconds. However, due to a 2.3L 257-horsepower turbo-charged engine (as well as an enhanced lower suspension), it offered a little bit more speed than certain non-sports-line Mazda models.
- Mazda RX-7: 0 to 60 miles per hour in only 5.3 seconds. A top speed of 155 miles per hour. As much as 255 horsepower. With numbers like that, it’s a shame that they halted production of the Mazda RX-7 back in 2002. Yet it will still go down in the history books as one of the fastest sports cars.
- Mazda RX-7 Type-R: The Type-R variation surpasses the base model in acceleration, as its goes from 0-60 MPH in 5.1 seconds (shaving off a crucial 0.2 seconds). Plus, its horsepower is jacked up to 280 (a 25-horsepower increase). On the other hand, its top speed is consistent at 155 MPH.
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R: Finally, we’ve arrived at the granddaddy of all Mazda sports cars…the world-famous Mazda RX-7 Spirit R. This limited edition vehicle went from 0 to 60 MPH in as little as 5 seconds, although it was only available on the Japanese market. Despite this (and the fact that production halted), you can drive it on the popular video game Need for Speed: Payback.
As you can see, Mazda features one of the fastest sports-car lineups of all time. However, that doesn’t mean that all of their lightning-fast hotrods are relics of the past. Contact us to learn about some of the current options, including the 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sports Car and the Mazda RX-8. We’ll set you up with a test drive!
Contact Us at Faulkner Auto Group to discover fast Mazda Sport Cars
If you envision yourself zooming off into the sunset in a blazing fast Mazda, then we encourage you to get in touch with us today at our dealership around Trevose, Mechanicsburg, and Harrisburg, PA. We’d absolutely love to set you up with a test drive of any of the fastest sports cars in our inventory. Contact us today!